I would like to share my tilapia lunch with you, my blogger buddies, today…! altho we can not sit down and eat together…we can be together in spirit!This is so quick and easy and healthy too! Most importantly, it tastes good.
Tilapia and Seasonings….
Quinoa and Seasonings…..
A quick and healthy lunch in about 10 minutes
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 Talipia filet
- Chipotle Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
- Canned Bread crumbs (I use garlic and herb)
- 1Tablespoon of chopped/minced onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter (Optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Spinach greens
- sliced cucumber
- black pepper
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil and add quinoa. Boil gently for a few minutes, reduce heat and cover with lid. Should be light and fluffy in about 10 minutes. (You may add salt, however I didn't)
- Add chopped onion to a sauce pan in melted butter or use non stick pan and let onions steam with a small amount of water, until the onions are soft. set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chipotle powder over both sides of tilapia filet. Sprinkle bread crumbs sparingly over both sides
- In non stick pan, spray with PAM or use 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Brown tilapia, 5 minutes each side.
- When quinoa is done....put into a bowl and add the soft onions, cranberries, black pepper and Italian Seasoning and fluff with a fork.
- Assemble salad greens of your choice and serve.
- I slice cucumbers and keep in a zip lock bag in the fridge so they are always ready for snack. I also chop onions ahead as I use onions on a daily basis.
- I used a raspberry walnut vinaigrette spritz dressing but you may use the dressing of your choice.
- If I use blue cheese dressing, I use it as a dip for my greens, that way I don't drench my salad with dressing.....:)
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Would you like to come and be my cook? It looks delicious and healthy.