Cucumber, Tomato and Onion Salad was a Summer staple at our home, both growing up and after I married.
I have two very good recipes, one was a recipe my Mother made with a vinegar base and the other was a salad my Aunt made with a creamy base.
I love both recipes.
I hope you will too,
Printable recipe is below, The Vinegar based recipe is in the Salad Section.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing (or Mayo)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 medium sliced Cucumbers (peeled or not peeled)
- 1 medium sliced red Onion (My Aunt used Spanish onions)
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- In a medium bowl, make the dressing by mixing the Miracle Whip (or Mayo), Milk, and Sugar until smooth.
- Place Cucumber, Tomato and Onion slices in the bowl, and using two forks toss to coat with the dressing.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
- I think my Mother and My Aunt had a silent contest over Cucumbers and Tomatoes and Onion Salads. When there was a family potluck, they both produced a variation of this salad. Mother's had a vinegar base and Aunt Lucy's had the creamy base.
- They are both good and I continue to make both recipes....just not at the same time. 🙂