Strawberry Bruschetta! Who doesn’t love strawberries?
I have a confession to make….
When I was a little girl, I didn’t like strawberries!
When Mom made strawberry shortcake, I would give my strawberries to my sister and I would take her little shortcake in return. I then would combine the two shortcakes with all the yummy strawberry juice and the whip cream and I was a happy girl!
Now I love strawberries….let my sister just try to take my berries….
Ain’t happenin’ !!
I’m sorry…that is improper English.
Isn’t happening Sis….I love my strawberries and this Strawberry Bruschetta is really yummy!
Printable recipe below…or you can find it in the category “Desserts”!
- 6 slices French bread, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 1 8 ounce container of spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Additional powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice french bread .
- Melt butter and brush over bread slices
- Combine sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle evenly over bread slices.
- Bake in preheated oven 12-14 minutes or until golden brown
- Meanwhile, zest lemon to measure 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- Juice lemon to measure 2 teaspoons juice.
- In small bowl, whisk cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth
- Hull strawberries and slice or chop (your choice)
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over bread slices and spread evenly
- Place bread slices on Serving dish and top with strawberries
- Sprinkle the Bruschetta with almonds and powdered sugar, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- A great dessert as strawberries are in our Markets year round. Another quick and easy recipe that happens to taste great too!
My family used to make strawberry shortcake, but I don’t remember the recipe. I just might try this one. However, hubby doesn’t like strawberries. lol
I will take his strawberries…LOL! You can adjust this recipe by changing the fruit…I have made it with blueberries, peaches and various other fruits…I love fruit.