Beef Au Jus Sandwiches!
Don’t you love a cheesy roast beef deli sandwich on a hoagie roll dripping with wonderful au jus?
This is a sandwich that you can have ready in 10-15 minutes and it is oh so good!
I have made these sandwiches for company quick suppers and they are always a hit.
We used to have card parties or game board parties and these roast beef sandwiches served with chips or other finger foods always hit the mark.
Try them for tailgating by putting the beef and sauce in a crock pot and assemble at your site.
Or you can make the sandwiches ahead of time and wrap in foil just don’t put the au jus on them until just before serving. (you don’t want the sandwiches to become soggy)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) French Onion Soup (I use Campbell's)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 Hoagie Rolls (Sesame Seeds on top optional)
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese cut in half
- 1/4 cup drained hot or mild pickled banana pepper rings
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Heat the soup and Worcestershire in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Add the beef and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the beef evenly among the rolls.
- Top the beef with the cheese slices and place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the soup mixture onto the sandwiches.
- Top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon pepper rings.
- You can make this from a roast beef you bake low and slow in the oven...but if you want a quick and tasty deli sandwich...this works with roast beef from your favorite Market Deli! Add as much Au Jus as you like and you will have a drippy cheesy sandwich!