How about a quick brunch egg basket for any day you want to have something quick and easy and special?
Add a banana nut bread and some fruit and you have a feast.
These little baskets are so easily modified. You can use asparagus or zucchini or dill or any veggie you have on hand.
Mix with eggs and you have little egg baskets that pop out of their muffin trays into perfectly shaped little baskets.
Try them and let me know if you like them.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh asparagus or zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or use muffin liners and spray them.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Add veggies and Cheddar Cheese into egg mixture.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in oven until egg baskets are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with 1/2 grape tomato for garnish
- You can precook veggies by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir asparagus, red or green bell pepper, and onion in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. BUT, I find it works just as well by letting the oven do the work and saves washing more dishes.