Creamy Chicken Enchiladas is a recipe ….that was given to me by my friend in the Pacific Northwest!
Yes, really…I am sure you thought I was going to say from New Mexico, because after living there for so many years, …I have posted many Mexican, Tex-Mex and other truly original Southwest recipes.
However, this recipe comes from my yodeling friend in Seattle… via a friend of hers, Katie Butler.
You knew I was going to have a special name for this friend, didn’t you? 😉
I just love giving my friends special names, plus it helps you, my readers to keep all the players straight! Right?
Plus,…. my yodeling friend really does yodel…and she does it well, although she is not from Europe but she does sing country and western songs. 😉
I personally, don’t know her friend, Katie Butler, but I did make her recipe and it is a great “go-to” meal in one….and simply delicious.
Katie roasted her chicken, but I bought one at the deli….saves a lot of time and let’s face it….they are good and it doesn’t hurt to have a little help in the kitchen.
I actually saved a little chicken to make chicken salad sandwiches….so I got two meals for the price of one. 😉
And that is always a good thing.
Please try Katie’s recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Have a great day and thank you my yodeling friend in Seattle….and a special thank you to your friend Katie Butler.
- 1 roasted chicken (or you can use a deli roasted chicken)
- 10 Flour Tortillas (enchilada size)
- 1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 Can fire roasted green chiles
- ½ Medium Onion fine diced
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Tbl. Lime Juice
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- ½ lb Mozzarella Cheese
- Season Chicken w/garlic salt and grill/cook. Cut/shred into small pieces.
- Add cream cheese, chiles, and onion and mix well. (I use a kitchen aide
- whisk attachment to shred the chicken and mix the ingredients)
- In separate bowl, mix cream of chicken, lime juice, sour cream.
- Divide chicken mixture into tortillas and roll tight.
- Put in 9x13” pan.
- Spread cream of chicken mixture over the top and top with Mozzerella Cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes – or until cheese is melted and ends of tortilla begin to golden.
- From Katie: Serve with rice (I also will add some rice to the mixture if I have some left over from a previous meal.)
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.