I hope you are having a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Week-end. I am sure you are enjoying cook outs and fun at the lake or beach or perhaps just relaxing at home with family and friends.
I would like to take just a few minutes to say we must never forget.
Let us never forget those who died to make us free!
Here are 15 memorable quotes that remind one of how precious freedom is:
1. “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
2. “Better to die fighting for freedom then be a prisoner all the days of your life.” – Bob Marley
3. “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust: Their courage nerves a thousand living men.” – Minot J Savage
4. “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
5. “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” – General George S Patton
6. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” – President Franklin D Roosevelt
7. “We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them.” – Francis A Walker
8. “For love of country, they accepted death.” – President James A Garfield
9. “I don’t have to tell you how fragile this precious gift of freedom is. Every time we hear, watch, or read the news, we are reminded that liberty is a rare commodity in this world.” – President Ronald Reagan
10. “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” – President Thomas Jefferson
11. “On thy grave the rain shall fall from the eyes of a mighty nation!” – Thomas William Parsons
12. “Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion.” – President Calvin Coolidge
13. “A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.” – President Dwight D Eisenhower
14. “Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.” – President George Washington
15. “Although no sculptured marble should rise to their memory, nor engraved stone bear record of their deeds, yet will their remembrance be as lasting as the land they honored.” – Daniel Webster
Have a safe day of reflection and enjoy our freedom!
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.