Apple Crisp….one of my favorite desserts!
With all the wonderful apple choices this time of year, it would be a shame to not make an Apple Crisp and top it with ice cream!! 🙂 You get help with a yellow cake mix! So quick and simple!
The smell of apples baking in a crumbly crust and cinnamon spice dancing in my head.....top with vanilla ice cream and eat while the crisp is still warm oozing with goodness.
Write a review
- 7 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 7 medium)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Place apples in a greased 2-1/2 qt. shallow baking dish.
- Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon in a bowl and put mixture evenly over apples.
- Drizzle with water.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix,oats, butter, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Put this mixture evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- There is nothing more to say...pure heavenly taste.....let me just sit here enjoying my warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream sliding down the sides....hmmmmmm
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.