Fresh Peach Pie….or Peach cobbler makes you think of comfort foods. I grew up with comfort foods and I still enjoy them. In moderation of course. But why deny oneself one of the pleasures in life of eating great and good food, that is my motto…..
This pie just screams Summertime and fruit orchards!
Please see printable recipe below!
Peach Crumb Pie
Top it with ice cream and you will absolutely love this pie.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 6 cups peeled firm peaches (sliced) about 8 peaches
- In a small bowl mix the sugar,cornstarch,tapioca, cinnamon and salt.
- Place the peaches in a large bowl and sprinkle them with the sugar mixture, coating as best you can
- Place peach mixture into a 9 inch pie shell
- Cinnamon Sugar Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons of butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Mix all the ingredients but the butter
- Next cut the butter into the crumb mixture until the butter appears pea like size.
- You can use a pastry cutter or your mixer being careful not to pulverize the butter
- Sprinkle the Cinnamon Sugar Crumb Topping evenly over the peaches
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
- Let pie cool for at least 2 hours before serving
- The crumb mixture can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge for up to 5 days
- The chunks of butter are necessary for the crumb mixture to be held together
- Any time you bake a fruit pie there is always the chance the filling will overflow onto the floor of your oven and that is not a good thing. I line a sheet pan with foil and place my pie on the foil so the drips can be easily tossed away.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.