Candy Cottontail Cones are not only a cutesy, colorful blast of pastel colors….they make a great centerpiece for a fun tablescape!
I love pastels…soft lavenders, pale pinks, baby blues, sunshine yellows, minty greens…..
And all you need for these tasty treats is a waffle cone or a sugar cone, cotton candy, a few M&Ms, melted white almond bark…and in about 10 minutes you have a burst of Spring sittin’ on your table.
I melted white almond bark and spread it around the top of a cone, stuffed the cone with cotton candy and then placed into a small glass or cup filled with M&Ms.
I mean, how hard is that?
I am not much on cotton candy, but I know someone who is….so I am sure these won’t stay around long!
If you are looking at snow or wind or any other miserable weather condition…bring a little Spring into your kitchen!
It is Spring after all…
I promise it will make you smile….
I am smiling now!
The printable recipe is below.
- 1 (5-ounce) package waffle cones or sugar cones
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package vanilla almond bark or white chocolate, melted
- 2 (3.5-ounce) packages cotton candy, blue and pink or lavender or yellow...your choice.
- Pastel M&Ms
- Gently break off top of waffle cones to make mini cones. (or leave the cone whole but use a taller glass for display purposes)
- Dip tops of cones into melted candy coating to coat top one-fourth of cone; place, pointed end up, on parchment paper to dry. OR take a small rounded knife (like a dip knife) and spread almond bark around top of cones.
- Place cotton candy into and on top of prepared waffle cones, shaping in your desired shape. You can "fluff" it or "pack" it into your cones.
- Place cones into small glasses or cups filled with pastel M&Ms (if using flat bottomed cones, sprinkle M&Ms around multi-colored plate along with "grass" from an Easter Basket).
- Dipped waffle cones can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Cotton candy can be found on the candy aisle at many grocery stores and come in a variety of colors. OR you can go to the circus and buy cotton candy. 🙂
- Substitute flat bottomed cones if desired.
- For a Tablescape...use a pastel colored cloth or runner and position cones around the center. Add Easter grass in desired color.
- You can also place the cones in glasses on a pretty pastel plate....stripes or polka dots work really well.
- Toss pastel colored marshmallows or pastel M&Ms around the cones and you have a cute display for Spring.
- Enjoy and Have Fun!
Please comment, I'd love to hear from you.