This deviates from the usual sandwich type tuna salad. It can be used in a sandwich, but it is meant as a dip for crackers or scoop type chips.
This is a great mustard/mayo based appetizer.
- Three 6-ounce cans white meat tuna packed in water, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup prepared Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl break up the tuna with a fork.
- Toss with the celery, onion, and parsley.
- Add the Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise) and mustard
- Season with pepper, to taste.
- Stir and add lemon juice, to taste, if desired.
- This is used as a dip for crackers or scoop type chips. It is great as an appetizer or late night snack.
- Sweet pickle relish can be added if desired. This tuna salad will be a little loose which aids in dipping.