Berry Pies are wonderful and blueberry pie is no exception. I like to buy blueberries in bulk and lay them flat on a cookie sheet and put in my freezer. Then I bag them up in the proportions I want and seal them in freezer bags. Freezing them first keeps them from sticking and mushing together! I can pop out just the right amount for oatmeal or any cereal or just for a snack.
Below is the printable recipe for Blueberry pie.
Blueberries are delicious in a pie....
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell
- Combine blueberries, sugar, flour, salt and lemon juice.
- Fill an 8 inch pie shell and dot with butter
- Adjust the top crust, crimping the edges
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes
- On my fruit pies...I place aluminum foil on a sheet pan and then place my pie on that. It makes for easier clean-up.
Me and My Captain https://meandmycaptain.com/
Might try this, we both like blueberry pancakes. Smile!