For that special brunch or just for a special breakfast….these decadent maple bacon strips are delish!
They can be crisp strips or a soften strip…whatever way you like them. However you prefer them to be cooked…they are so good that they are decadent indeed.
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon
- 2/3 cup Grade A dark amber pure maple syrup
- Arrange bacon on a rack in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Pour maple syrup over bacon; flip to coat.
- Bake, flipping bacon and rotating pan halfway through, until bacon is golden brown and syrup is thick, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to parchment using tongs. Let cool to harden.
- Keep a close eye on it for the last 10 minutes. If you do not want your bacon to be crisp, don't cook so long....about half the time.
- This bacon is a wonderful addition to any brunch.